2023Q2 week log
. Last update 22 May 2023
I tend to keep quite a lot of notes on the development related (sometimes at
work, sometimes not) I do on a week-by-week basis, and thought it might be fun
to write up the parts that were public. This may or may not be of wider
interest, but it aims to be a useful aide-mémoire for my purposes at least.
Weeks with few entries might be due to focusing on downstream work (or perhaps
just a less productive week - I am only human!).
Week of 15th May 2023
Week of 17th April 2023
- Still pinging for an
updated riscv-bfloat1y spec version that incorporates the
- Bumped the version of the experimental Zfa RISC-V extension supported by
LLVM to 0.2 (D146834). This was very
straightforward as after inspecting the spec history, it was clear there
were no changes that would impact the compiler.
- Filed a couple of pull requests against the riscv-zacas
repo (RISC-V Atomic Compare and Swap
- #8 made the
dependency on the A extension explicit.
- #7 attempted to explicitly
reference the extension for misaligned atomics, though it seems won't be
merged. I do feel uncomfortable with RISC-V extensions that can have their
semantics changed by other standard extensions without this possibility
being called out very explicitly. As I note in the PR, failure to
appreciate this might mean that conformance tests written for
might fail on a system with
zacas_zam. I see a slight parallel to a
recent discussion about RISC-V
- Fixed the canonical ordering used for ISA naming strings in RISCVISAInfo
(this will mainly affect the string stored in build attributes). This was
fixed in D148615 which built on the
pre-committed test case.
- A whole bunch of upstream LLVM reviews. As noted in
D148315 I'm thinking we should
probably relaxing the ordering rules for ISA strings in
-march in order to
avoid issues due to spec changes and incompatibilities between GCC and
- LLVM Weekly #485.
Week of 10th April 2023
Week of 3rd April 2023
- 2023-05-22: Added notes for the week of 15th May 2023.
- 2023-04-24: Added notes for the week of 17th April 2023.
- 2023-04-17: Added notes for the week of 10th April 2023.
- 2023-04-10: Initial publication date.